This canyon is magnificent! It is one of the narrowest canyons on the island, with completely vertical sides.
This canyon is magnificent! It is one of the narrowest canyons on the island, with completely vertical sides. It is an easy one, with small but continuous descents and impressive lapped walls of solid limestone. It is passable throughout the year with no difficulty and it’s suitable for training new explorers since it is well belayed. Even the most demanding of you will be left speechless by its beauty!
No previous experience is needed, except a basic physical shape.
Important note: Please bear in mind that the below-mentioned excursion is ideal for Families. However, due to the nature of this particular excursion, it is requested that children should be older than 8 years old.
Daypack (approx.15-35l), 2 pair of shoes -trekking shoes or sport shoes that will be wet in the gorge, water bottle, hat, sun cream, sunglasses, swimming suit, second t-shirt, second short.
Note on Itineraries: Please bear in mind that the itinerary can be altered for numerous reasons beyond our control (e.g. harsh weather, trail conditions) to ensure the safety and the well-being of the group. The final canyoning selection is left up to the trip leader.
- Total length / alt. difference: 900m / 140m
- Total estimated time (ascent – descent): 5 hours
- Grade: Easy/Moderate (This canyon is suitable for anyone in good health and normal fitness)
If you are to be transferred with your own vehicle, the meeting point is the Church of Panagia Keralimeniotissa (Open in Google maps)
|Participation||Price per person |
|Price per person |
Above prices include:
- Experienced guide from Cretan Adventures™ (1 guide up to 4 pax – 2 guides for 5-8 pax)
- All special equipment required for the activity (harnesses, ropes, helmets, belaying devices, etc)
- Water bottle
- Light snack
- First aid kit
- Third-Party insurance
- All taxes
Not included in above prices:
- All meals
- Coffees and drinks
- Entrance fees in sites of interest (archaeological sites, monasteries, churches, etc)
- Other personal expenses