Tsoutsouros gorge is one of the most beautiful technical canyons in Asterousia Mountains on south Crete. It is ideal for canyoning as it is easy to cross and quite narrow mainly at its end.
Tsoutsouros gorge is one of the most beautiful technical canyons in Asterousia Mountains on south Crete. It is ideal for canyoning as it is easy to cross and quite narrow mainly at its end. It is well belayed, perfect for the training of new explorers. After you’ve crossed its middle, it gets steeper and narrower, with bigger descents and more beautiful rocks. We may find water until the beginning of summer and you can cross it throughout the year with no difficulty.
The gorge ends at the south coast at Tsoutsouros village where we can swim and relax at the sandy beach, the restaurants and cafes.
No previous experience is needed, except a basic physical shape.
Important note: Please bear in mind that the below mentioned excursion is ideal for Families. However, due to the nature of this particular excursion, children should be older than 8 years old.
Daypack (approx.15-35l), 2 pairs of shoes -trekking shoes or sport shoes that may be wet in the gorge, water bottle, hat, sun cream, sunglasses, swimming suit, second t-shirt, second short.
Note on Itineraries
Please bear in mind that the itinerary can be altered for numerous reasons beyond our control (e.g. harsh weather, trail conditions) to ensure the safety and the well-being of the group. The final canyoning selection is left up to the trip leader.
- Total length / alt. difference: 1200m / 256m
- Total estimated time (ascent – descent): 4-5 hours
- Grade: Easy/Moderate (This canyon is suitable for anyone in good health and normal fitness)
Zorbas tavern on the east side of Tsoutsouros village (Open in Google Maps)
|Participation||Price per person |
|Price per person |
Above prices include:
- Experienced guide from Cretan Adventures™ (1 guide up to 4 pax – 2 guides for 5-8 pax)
- All special equipment required for the activity (harnesses, ropes, helmets, belaying devices, etc)
- Water bottle
- Light snack
- First aid kit
- Third-Party insurance
- All taxes
Not included in above prices:
- All meals
- Coffees and drinks
- Entrance fees in sites of interest (archaeological sites, monasteries, churches, etc)
- Other personal expenses