Scramble through the narrow gorge of Kritsa and enjoy a beautiful hike on a path back to the attractive hill village of Kritsa!
Our day starts with a warm-up ramble through Kritsa village’s narrow lanes where we discover a beautiful village and its hospitable inhabitants. Passing from the two main churches of the village we shall follow dirt tracks to reach the entrance of the gorge.
The gorge offers an adventurous crossing, as some boulders will try to block our way but on easy climbs, we shall leave them behind. Following the riverbed, we shall pass through the narrowest point of the gorge at the width of 1,5m(!) when the gorge flattens out and its steep walls give their place to open land, we continue on dirt roads and a rocky path that returns back to Kritsa village completing a beautiful loop.
- Total distance: 6 Km.
- Total estimating walking time: 3 hours.
- Grade: Easy/Moderate (This walk is suitable for anyone in good health and normal fitness. The walk takes part in reasonably flat terrains).
- Height gain: 210m / Height loss:210m
Important note: Please bear in mind that the below-mentioned excursion is ideal for Families. However, due to the nature of this particular excursion, children should be older than 6 years old.
Meeting Point (for those who do not need Transfer from/to the Hotel)
The Parking area at Kritsa village (View on google Maps)
|Participation||Price per person |
|Price per person |
Above prices include:
- Experienced guide from Cretan Adventures™ (1 guide up to 4 pax – 2 guides for 5-8 pax)
- All special equipment required for the activity (harnesses, ropes, helmets, belaying devices, etc)
- Water bottle
- Light snack
- First aid kit
- Third-Party insurance
- All taxes
Not included in above prices:
- All meals
- Coffees and drinks
- Entrance fees in sites of interest (archaeological sites, monasteries, churches, etc)
- Other personal expenses
Enhance your excursion
You may enrich your excursion by adding a visit to:
- Kera Church (with its most well-preserved frescos from the Byzantine period)
- BioAroma. A newly-founded production unit of essential oils from wild and organic Cretan herbs
- Kritsa village. One of the most beautiful villages in Crete.
Need more information?
Get in touch with us either by email or, when in-house at the reception, in order to enquire about more information.
NOTE: This Activity and the transfers are provided from our dear partner Cretan Adventures.