Discover your spirit of adventure by climbing to the summit of mountain “Karfi”.
Starting just outside from the village of Tzermiado we shall follow an old rocky-build mule path – Kalterimi to reach the saddle of Papoura with the ruins of the old flour mills.
We shall gain height by climbing on a small path and following the ridge we will reach the sacred summit of Karfi, which offers a Minoan settlement and panoramic- breathtaking view of the north coast, and the mountains of Selena and Dikti.
From the summit, we shall descend to the small and beautiful “Nissimos” valley and return back to Tzermiado following a dirt road-track and enjoying the view of the Lassithi Plateau.
- Total distance: 6 Km
- Total estimated walking time: 3 hours
- Grade: Moderate/Strenuous (This walk is suitable for anyone in good health and normal fitness. Involves a harder walk just with more walking hours on rocky trails with uphill)
- Height gain: 287m / Height loss: 287m
Important note: Please bear in mind that the below-mentioned excursion is ideal for Families. However, due to the nature of this particular excursion, children should be older than 6 years old.
Meeting Point (for those who do not need Transfer from/to the Hotel)
Health Center at Tzermiado village – Lassithi Plateau (View on Google Maps)
|Participation||Price per person |
|Price per person |
Above prices include:
- Experienced guide from Cretan Adventures™ (1 guide up to 4 pax – 2 guides for 5-8 pax)
- All special equipment required for the activity (harnesses, ropes, helmets, belaying devices, etc)
- Water bottle
- Light snack
- First aid kit
- Third-Party insurance
- All taxes
Not included in above prices:
- All meals
- Coffees and drinks
- Entrance fees in sites of interest (archaeological sites, monasteries, churches, etc)
- Other personal expenses
Enhance your excursion
You may enrich your excursion by adding a visit to:
- Zeus’ birthplace – the cave of Dicteon Andro.
- Kera Kardiotissa Monastery (dedicated to Virgin Mary)
- Krassi village with the largest plane tree found
Need more information?
Get in touch with us either by email or, when in-house at the reception, in order to enquire about more information.
NOTE: This Activity and the transfers are provided from our dear partner Cretan Adventures.