Live the amazing experience of walking Kourtaliotis gorge through its actual river!
In the summertime, our adventure day starts with a visit to the waterfalls at the source of the river.
We will then be transferred to the arched Venetian bridge from where the real adventure begins: Walking in the riverbed, swimming and playing at the little waterfalls in the spectacular natural playground of the Kourtaliotis gorge, we participate in our most exhilarating activity with plenty of swimming, easy and short climbs and a lot of fun.
The exit of the gorge offers an unforgettable picture, as the river comes out in the sea through the forest of palm trees. We have the opportunity to swim, either in the river or in the sea, before we continue to visit Preveli monastery (optional visit).
- Total distance: 3-4 Km
- Total estimating walking time: 4 hours
- Grade: Easy/Moderate (This walk is suitable for anyone in good health and normal fitness. The walk takes part in reasonably flat terrains)
Important note: Please bear in mind that the below mentioned excursion is ideal for Families. However, due to the nature of this particular excursion, children should be older than 6 years old.
Alekos tavern at Armenoi village (View on Google Maps)
Get in touch with us to enquire about prices which include:
- Experienced guide from Cretan Adventures™ (1 guide up to 4 pax – 2 guides for 5-8 pax)
- All special equipment required for the activity (harnesses, ropes, helmets, belaying devices, etc)
- Water bottle
- Light snack
- First aid kit
- Third-Party insurance
- All taxes
Not included in our prices:
- All meals
- Coffees and drinks
- Entrance fees in sites of interest (archaeological sites, monasteries, churches, etc)
- Other personal expenses
Need more information or prices?
Get in touch with us either by email or, when in-house at the reception, in order to enquire about prices and more information.