We invite you to participate in this unique fun activity which builds group spirit and self-confidence. Just dare to do it and you will be amazed of what you can achieve!
This spectacular Via Ferrata is the only one in Crete! It is located in a remote location on Asterousia Mountains on south Crete.
The Via Ferrata route crosses the first part of a gorge. It then traverses the south face of Mountain Kofinas, which offers breath-taking views of Crete’s south coast and the Mediterranean Sea.
Participants need to be in good shape with some experience in climbing. Not suggested for people who are afraid of heights or suffer from vertigo.
- Daypack (approx.15-35l)
- pair of shoes
- Trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Water bottle
- sun cream
- sun glasses
- swimming suit
- Total estimated time for the Via Ferrata: 3 hours
- Grade: Moderate (This activity is suitable for anyone in good health and normal fitness)
Note on Itineraries: Please bear in mind that the itinerary can be altered for numerous reasons beyond our control (e.g. harsh weather, trail conditions). This is done to ensure the safety and the well-being of the group. The final trip selection is left up to the trip leader.
Important note: Please bear in mind that the below-mentioned excursion is ideal for Families. However, due to the nature of this particular excursion, children should be older than 8 years old. Also, participants need to be in good shape with some experience in climbing. Not suggested for people who are afraid of heights or suffer from vertigo.
Thalori guesthouse at Kapetaniana village (View on Google Maps)
Get in touch with us to enquire about prices which include:
- Experienced guides of Cretan Adventures (1 guide up to 4 pax – 2 guides for 5-8 pax)
- All special equipment required for the activity (harnesses, ropes, helmets, belaying devices etc)
- Water bottle
- Light snack
- First aid kit
- Third Party insurance
- All taxes
Our prices do not include:
- Transfer from/to Maritimo Beach Hotel
- All meals
- Coffees and drinks
- Entrance fees in sites of interest (archaeological sites, monasteries, churches etc)
- Other personal expenses
Need more information and prices?
Get in touch with us either by email or, when in-house at the reception, in order to enquire about prices and more information.